Job moves in solar, storage, cleantech, utilities, and energy transition finance.
Leeward Renewable Energy announced that Greg Hazelton has been named its new Chief Financial Officer.
Hazelton has joined LRE’s Senior Leadership Team and will lead LRE’s financial operations, which includes finance, accounting, financial reporting, treasury and financial risk management. He reports to LRE CEO Jason Allen.
Hazelton joins LRE from Hawaiian Electric Industries (HEI), where he served as Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer and oversaw HEI’s corporate financial strategy and performance. Prior to this, he served as a Managing Director in the Global Power & Utilities Group at UBS Investment Bank, where he advised a diverse international client base of utilities, infrastructure and energy-oriented companies and private equity firms on their strategic investment activities. Throughout his career, Hazelton has worked with companies, development teams and innovative entrepreneurs focused on renewable energy, new energy-based technologies, and transformative business models.
Hazelton received his bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and Accounting from Warner Pacific College and a Master of Business Administration from the University of Chicago’s Booth School of Business.
KORE Power, a leading US-based developer and manufacturer of battery cell technology, today announced the hiring of several members of the team that will run the day-to-day operations at its KOREPlex lithium-ion battery cell production gigafactory. The KOREPlex is expected to begin construction later this year and will employ 3,000 people when it reaches full production.
KOREPlex hires include:
Bill MervineDirector of Plant Engineering
Mervine has 15 years of experience in various engineering roles including eight years of quality engineering/management experience and seven years of manufacturing and operations experience. He was responsible for all production equipment for the manufacturing of lithium-ion batteries at Panasonic in Nevada.
Monique QiuSenior Quality Control Engineer
Qiu offers six years of quality and industrial engineering experience, including most recently working as a Quality Control Engineer at the Tesla / Panasonic factory in Nevada.
Nolan BoxDirector of Manufacturing
Box spent the last five years at the Tesla/Panasonic battery factory in Nevada as a Senior Production Manager, where he oversaw Panasonic’s recycling program, Hoshin process, and all scrap and quality defects. He also ran the Formation and Visual Inspection departments during start-up and product introductions.
Brenda BarriosProduction Manager
Barrios also comes from the Tesla/Panasonic battery factory in Nevada where she spent four years as the Production Manager for the Assembly department, the biggest department at Panasonic. Additionally, she oversaw the entire safety program for her department and reduced recordable incidents by 65%.
Madison Energy Investments announced the appointment of Pablo Barrague as Vice President, Energy Storage. Pablo has demonstrated an excellent track record of developing energy storage markets around the world from his time at Fluence and AES Energy Storage.
Barrague spent the last seven years at AES and Fluence where he held various positions in the areas of market development and program management. Barrague also previously worked in the wind industry, and in total, he has over 15 years of experience developing new markets in the energy and real estate industries. He holds an MBA from Darden Graduate Business School at the University of Virginia.
Energyware, a leading national provider of energy-efficient technology solutions, is expanding its offerings with the addition of energy procurement services under a newly formed Energy Procurement Department.
The company has tabbed Jamie Wildes to serve as the Director of Energy Procurement. Wildes will work closely with energyware™ leadership and lead the team in growing and managing the trade desk.
Additional job moves provided by EnergeiaWorks:
Megan Jackson was promoted to Sales Engineering Manager (APAC) at Tesla
Miles Braxton started a new position as Director of Risk Management at SummitRidge Energy
James Pagonis started a new position as VP of Sales North America at Above
Sponsored: Director, Solar Development | Boulder, CO
The Director of Solar Development will be responsible for solving issues and advancing renewable energy forward during the C&I solar development process. The Solar Project Development team is quickly acquiring commercial customers and developing solar across North America, alongside our national network of solar partners
- Standardize prospecting, developing, and closing processes and efficiency track all details to achieve milestones on time and on budget in order to close C&I deals at scale.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of permitting and interconnection applications, and you have taken many deals to NTP and PTO, and you’ve completed all the steps it takes to get projects over the line.
- Speak intelligently about Credit, NPV, ROI, IRR, etc.
- Make presentations requiring heavy quantitative explanations
- Utilize technology to standardize C&I solar, partnering with the Product & Engineering teams to shape our future technology strategy
- Find innovative, resourceful solutions to overcome hurdles
- Provide leadership to an execution teams: running standups responsible for development of solar in a subset of a portfolio
- 6+ years of solar project development experience, preferably in commercial, industrial, or utility-scale markets.
- Successful track record of repeatedly prospecting, developing, and closing complex solar transactions.
- Be detail-oriented and diligent with data-entry
- Experience with PPA’s and DSA structure
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental & vision insurance for all team members
- 50% employer-paid medical, dental & vision insurance for dependents
- Employer-paid short-term disability, long-term disability & life insurance
- 401k Matching (50% match up to 4% of your base salary)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) & Dependent Care FSA
- 12 weeks fully paid parental leave
- 11 paid holidays & unlimited PTO
More information is available here.
This content is protected by copyright and may not be reused. If you want to cooperate with us and would like to reuse some of our content, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.