Sippy murder case: Kalyani stopped communication with Sippy 5 days before murder : The Tribune India

Tribune News Service

Amit Sharma

Chandigarh, June 23

The CBI probe into the murder of national-level shooter and advocate Sukhmanpreet Singh Sidhu, aka Sippy Sidhu, has revealed that while Sippy and accused Kalyani Singh were in constant touch in 2015 and even exchanged emails during his travel abroad, Kalyani suddenly stopped communication with him five days prior to the murder. There is no footprint of calls/emails between Kalyani and Sippy during those five days.

Sippy was shot dead at a park in Sector 27 on September 20, 2015. A .12 bore shotgun was used in the crime and four bullets were fired from it.

In 2015, the accused watched actively in touch with Sippy and attended functions with him. She wanted to get back the objectionable data but he kept lingering over it, says the CBI. She was a frequent visitor to his office till August 2015 and interestingly used to call him by using the phone of other employees when he was not available in the office.

On August 20, 2015, Sippy left for Delhi where he stayed for a night. The next day, he boarded a flight to London. During his stay abroad, both the accused and Sippy exchanged emails till September 14, 2015.

On August 29, 2015, Sippy wrote to Kalyani admitting his wrongdoings and told her about his seriousness to marry her. He asked her whether she had found someone else now. Sippy offered to “clear things” once and for all between Kalynai and his girlfriend number one face to face. Kalyani replied to him that she and her family had often seen Sippy with his girlfriend number one.

Through the email sent by Sippy on August 30, 2015, he informed Kalyani that “the news is aunty is finding a guy in the High Court; you found him, I knew it.” He informed her that he had ended all ties with his girlfriend number one as he could not afford to lose her.

On September 7, 2015, Kalyani sent an email to ask Sippy about his well-being and further plans regarding his travel. The duo exchanged several emails. However, Kalyani suddenly stopped communication with Sippy when he was supposed to return.

The CBI pointed out that the Judge’s daughter failed to explain why she stopped communication with Sippy from September 15, 2015, onwards.

Although Kalyani had reportedly visited Sippy’s office on September 18 and 19.

Kalyani’s uncle wished her “garbage-free life”

A message sent by Kalyani’s uncle seven days before the murder has also caught the CBI’s attention. The CBI investigation has revealed that during the scrutiny of an iPhone 6, which was taken from Kalyani by the investigating agency, she was found to have received a message from her uncle on September 13 in which he wished her for a “garbage-free life” “. The next day was the last time Kalyani contacted Sippy through an email.

No data found in CDs

On March 17, 2015, Sippy sent screenshots of alleged recordings of Kalyani’s friend, who was in touch with her since 2013. They used to exchange long calls during odd hours. Sippy also sent a photograph showing images of CDs claiming it contained messages, call logs and Viber between Kalyani and her friend.

During the investigation, seven CDs were taken on record from Sippy’s brother Jasmanpreet Singh and sent to the CFSL, Chandigarh, to retrieve data. However, the CFSL found there was no data in those CDs.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *