Under the direct supervision of the Head of PMO, the Communications Officer will be responsible to support UNOPS Programs on a need basis, and as defined in the task notes. The Communications Officer will support in relation to design and visualizations, proofreading, editing and support to communications activities across funds and programmes.
The Communications Officer will broadly carry out the following tasks, in accordance with UNOPS policies, procedures and practices based on needs expressed by country offices.
- Produce various written materials as required in the communications strategy
- Produce high-quality graphic design and design material, including reports, pamphlets, brochures, signage, posters, merchandise, presentations; desktop publishing
- Produce high-quality visualizations, including infographics, maps, charts, logos, diagrams, organigrams
- Develop creative visual solutions for communications problems
- Design for digital spaces, including websites, applications, programmes, online solutions
- Develop drawings, cartoons, for communicating messages in clear manner, such as behavior change communications
- Proofreading, editing, finalizing graphic design materials to high level of English
- Draft different types of information, learning & knowledge and communications products for different target audiences, including press releases, media kits and reports, brochures, briefing notes, video scripts, newsletters, website articles etc.;
- Support communications activities under different projects for greater visibility;
- Identify and propose communication opportunities, activities and approaches
- Assist with the organization of events such as conferences, seminars, briefings, interviews, etc.;
- Respond to a variety of enquiries and information requests internally and externally; prepare related correspondence;
- Carry out communications activities effectively and efficiently, in full confidentiality in all aspects of the assignment, maintaining protocol procedures, managing information flows and keeping to on deadlines and commitments made;
- Draft routine correspondence, general briefing notes, documents, reports, and minutes of meetings when requested;
- Prepare spreadsheets, database files, presentation slides and tables, ensuring appropriate style and accuracy of information;
The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
- Master’s degree in Communications, Design, Graphic Design, Urban Design, Architecture, Visual Arts, Media Studies, Visual Media, Web Design, or another related or appropriate field is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree with two years of additional experience is considered as equivalent.
- Minimum of one year of experience in the field of Communications, Design, Graphic Design, Urban Design, Architecture, Visual Arts, Media Studies, Visual Media, Web Design, Journalism, External Relations and/or other communication role is required.
- Experience in a developing country is highly preferred.
- Experience in South East Asia and especially Myanmar would be an asset.
- Proven ability to develop high-quality communications and graphic design materials would be an asset.
- Ability to provide proofreading and editing skills would be an asset.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is required.
How to apply